MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2003 [Alternate SMTP].
In some areas of the world the SMTP port 25 is blocked. To avoid this we can specify an alternative port and the block is bypassed.
SETTING UP ALTERNATE SMTP IN MICROSOFT OUTLOOK:
1. In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools then click E-mail Accounts
2. On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select View or change existing e-mail account and click Next.
3. Your account info should be similar info like below :
4. Click More Settings :
On the Internet E-mail Settings window, in Advanced tab. Change Outgoing mail (smtp) from port 25 to 587 and then click OK menu
5. click Next, and then click finish to exit Email Account screen.
6. click Send/Receive to check mail with Alternate SMTP.
Your Alternate SMTP is now complete. Then either restart Outlook Express then click the Send/Receive button to have the e-mail delivered from the server.