OE SETUP [Alternate SMTP]
In some areas of the world the SMTP port 25 is blocked. To avoid this we can specify an alternative port and the block is bypassed.
SETTING UP ALTERNATE SMTP IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS:
1. In Outlook Express, select Tools then click Accounts
2. On the Internet Accounts wizard window, Click Mail Tab and click properties.
3. On new window screen, click Advanced Tab.
4. In Advanced Tab, change Outgoing mail (smtp) from port 25 to 587 and then click OK menu.
5. Click Close Internet Accounts screen.
Your Alternate SMTP is now complete. Then either restart Outlook Express then click the Send/Receive button to have the e-mail delivered from the server.