Basic eCommerce Solution.
The following information is meant to be a guide to show the capabilities of the Basic eCommerce Solution. Selected Configuration Displays are shown to demonstrate how the eCommerce Modules can be configured. Don't get too deeply involved in the technical details. A glance at the various item names and headings will give a good guide as to capabilities.
A typical installation will create 3 different pages, but this can be customized in many different ways to suit application needs.
1. On the Storefront page add the following modules
a. “Store Catalog” (suggest the ContentPane)
b. “Store Menu” (suggest LeftPane)
c. “Store Mini Cart” (suggest ContentPane or RightPane)
2. On the My Account page add the “Store Account” module
3. On the Store Admin page add the “Store Admin” module
Configuring the various Store modules is fairly simple to do. Until you do configure the Store module settings you will see a message stating the Store is not configured and needs to be.
- The Store Admin is the first module you must configure
- a. Main Store Information.
Set ‘Store Page’ and ‘Store Account Page’ settings.
The field ‘Description’ is a short text about what you sell and the field ‘Keywords’ should contains some coma separated keywords. Both fields are aimed at the search engines.
‘SEO feature’ is a powerful feature that enables an auto-generation of the hidden code that is looked at by search engines to index the website (the Meta tags).
- Store Tax Admin
If set, the tax rate is common to all products. In the current Store 2.2, it is not possible to set a tax per product or category.
- Shipping Admin
- Store Category Admin
- Product Admin
Here you can select the initial Category for the product, enter the name, manufacturer, set pricing, etc.
Finally near the very bottom of the page you will see rich text editor that you can use to enter a quality description of the product, including inserting of images, links, etc.
- The Store Catalog module has the following settings which can be configured to customize the way your storefront looks (template selection), default display options, what items are shown, etc.
- The Store Menu settings allow you to configure the number of columns to use when displaying categories and what page to direct the links to (where you are sent when you click a category link). This allows you to place this module on any page in your site and have them direct the buyer to the catalog page with the selected category selected.
- The Mini Cart module settings allow you to configure how it is displayed.
- The Store Account (My Account) modules settings allow you to configure SSL settings and view options.